Summary of Central tax notifications issued on 31.12.2018:
Extension of time period for completing migration of taxpayers who received provisional IDs but could not complete the migration process:
* The date for furnishing details to the jurisdictional nodal officer of central government or state government has been extended to 31.01.2019.
* Upon receipt of ARN, a new GSTIN & a new access token, all these information is required to be furnished to GSTN with old GSTIN by e-mail on or before 28.02.2019
The date of furnishing return electronically in Form GSTR-3B by newly migrated taxpayers for the period from July, 2017 to November, 2018 has been extended to 31.03.2019.
The date of furnishing details of outward supply in Form GSTR-1 by newly migrated taxpayers having aggregate turnover upto or more than 1.5 Cr. has been extended to 31.12.2019 for the period of July, 2017 to December, 2018.
TDS provisions are not applicable on the supply of goods or services among a department or establishment of central or state government, local authority, governmental agencies & notified persons by the government.
Amendment in CGST Rules, 2017:
* Persons applying for registration to collect tax under TCS Provisions in FORM GST REG-07 in a state where he does not have a physical presence shall mention in PART A name of the state or UT & in PART B the name of the state or UT where principal place of business is located.
* Now, the details of challans in respect of goods sent from one job worker to another shall not be included in FORM GST ITC-04.
* In case of an electronic invoice, bill of supply, issuance of consolidated tax invoice, & issuance of ticket, signature or digital signature of supplier or his authorised representative is not required.
* Refund of IGST can also be claimed by person in charge of conveyance carrying export goods when departure manifest and valid return are duly filed.
* Restriction regarding furnishing of information in PART-A of FORM GST EWB-01 i.e. no person shall be allowed to furnish information when he is required to pay tax u/s 10 has not filed return for 2 consecutive tax periods. The date for operation of this rule is yet to be notified.
* New form for Annual Return as FORM GSTR-9, GSTR-9A (for composition dealers), Reconciliation Statement as FORM GSTR-9C, application of Refund as FORM GST RFD-01 & FORM GST RFD-01A and FORM GST APL-04 (summary of demand by appellate authority) has been introduced.
The amount of late fee on account of delay in filing FORM GSTR-1 for the period July, 2017 to September,2018 but furnished the said details in FORM GSTR-1 between 22.12.2018 to 31.03.2019, shall stand waived.
* Waiver of late fee for failure to furnish FORM GSTR-3B by due date for the period July, 2017 to the extent which is in excess of an amount of Rs. 25 for every day during which such failure continues.
* Waiver of late fee to the extent which is in excess of an amount of Rs.10 for every day during which failure continues when Central tax payable in said return is nil.
* Waiver of late fee where registered person failed to furnish FORM GSTR-3B for July, 2017 to September, 2018 by due date but furnishes the same between 22.12.2018 to 31.03.2019.
Waiver of late fee where registered person failed to furnish FORM GSTR-4 by due date for July, 2017 to September, 2018 but furnishes the same between 22.12.2018 to 31.03.2019.
Time limit for furnishing declaration in FORM GST ITC-04 in respect of goods dispatched to a job worker or received from a job worker has been extended till 31.03.2019.
Central tax officer and officers subordinate to him can exercise powers given under section 73, 74, 75 & 76 w.r.t demands and recovery in cases specified by board.