The GST Council on the 16th Council Meeting has finalised the Accounts and Record Rules under GST. Download the Latest Account and Record Rules and Formats:
Accounts and Record Rules under GST
Accounts and Record Formats
Key Features of the Account and Refund Rules are as follows:
1. Requirement to maintain activity wise separate record deleted.
2. Requirement of maintaining commodity wise stock done away with.
3. Suppliers names and complete address now required only where supplies are chargeable to tax.
4. Recipients names and addresses to be maintained only where required under these rules.
5. Books of account relating to additional place of business can be maintained at the principal place of business only.
6. Clerical mistake entries need not be scored under attestation.
7. Only manual books of account required to be serially numbered.
8. Requirement of maintaining separate account for each work contract done away with except of payment received.
9. Manual Books to be kept at every additional place and digital books to be accessible at every related place.
10. Audit Trail, inter-linkages, data dictionary and explanation codes not required to be made available. Instead files, their passwords with sample copy in print form required.
11. Transporter now required to additionally record the GSTIN of the registered consignor and consignee for each of his branches.
12. Format of ENR-01 also made available.