FAQ’S AND PROCESS TO DO E-KYC/AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION FOR EXISTING TAXPAYERS.
Aadhaar Authentication and E-KYC functionality were not available on the Portal. For all existing Taxpayers, this functionality has been deployed on GST Common Portal w.e.f 6th January 2021. All Taxpayers Registered as Regular Taxpayers which includes Casual Taxable person, SEZ Units/Developers), ISD, and Composition taxpayers can do their Aadhaar Authentication or e-KYC on GST Portal. This is not applicable for Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Local Authorities, and Statutory Bodies.
What is Aadhaar Authentication or e-KYC?
a)If Aadhaar is available, the Primary Authorized signatory and 1 person who is Proprietor/Partner/Director /Managing Partner/ Karta of the entity registered can go for the Aadhaar Authentication.
b)In absence of Aadhaar, they can upload any of the following documents to undergo e-KYC
•Aadhaar Enrolment Number
•EPIC (Voter ID Card)
•Certificate issued by Competent Authority
How to do Aadhar Authentication/ e-KYC on Portal
a) When an existing registered taxpayer would log in, a pop-up with Question will be shown “Would you like to authenticate Aadhaar of the Partner/Promotor and Primary Authorized Signatory “ with the two options “Yes, navigate to My Profile” and “Remind me later”.
b) If the taxpayer clicks on the “Remind me later” pop-up will be closed and the user can navigate anywhere on the GST portal.
c) If the taxpayer clicks on “Yes, Navigate to My Profile”, the system will navigate to My Profile. In MY PROFILE, a new tab “Aadhaar Authentication status” has been shown from where the link for Aadhaar Authentication to the Primary Authorized Signatory and one of promoters/partners as selected by him will be sent.
Note: If the same person is Primary Authorized Signatory and Partner/Promoter, Aadhaar authentication is only required to be done for that person.
d) On the My profile page, in addition, to SEND AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION LINK, the UPLOAD E-KYC DOCUMENTS option would also be displayed to taxpayers from where they can upload the e-KYC documents on Portal. In this case, the process of e-KYC authentication would be subject to the approval of uploaded e-KYC documents by the Tax Official.
FAQ’S ON AADHAR AUTHENTICATION FOR REGISTERED TAXPAYERS:
1. Which documents can be uploaded for E-KYC and in which format?
Ans. The Taxpayer can select any of the following documents for E-KYC:
i) Aadhaar Enrolment Number
iii) EPIC (Voter ID Card)
iv) KYC Form
v) Certificate Issued by Competent authority
2. If there is a single Promoter/ Partner and the same person is PAS also, then in that case how will the (1PAS + 1 Promotor/Partner) rule be implemented?
Ans. If there is a single Promoter/ Partner listed in the Aadhar Authentication tab and the same person is PAS also, then in that case the single person will be in the table and will be auto-selected and non-editable. The Taxpayer is not expected to make any changes in the selection. And only that person Aadhaar Authentication will be required.
3. Though the Aadhar Authentication will be considered for only 1 PAS and 1 Promoter/ Partner but if there exist more persons in the list, will there be any notification/ authentication link sent to the remaining persons?
Ans. No, the authentication link will be sent only to those persons that are selected by the Taxpayer for Aadhar Authentication and the status for others will be shown as NA always in the Aadhar Authentication tab.
4.I closed the pop-up message that appears as a reminder for Aadhaar Authentication when I log in to the GST portal. How do I access the link now?
Ans. You can go to the My Profile page from the Dashboard and click the Aadhaar Authentication Status tab under the Quick Links section.
5. From where do I select the Promoter/ Partner and Primary Authorized Signatory for Aadhaar Authentication?
Ans. You can select 1 Promoter/ Partner from the list displayed on selecting the option of SEND AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION LINK tab on the Aadhaar Authentication Status page. Note: Primary Authorized Signatory for Aadhaar Authentication will be auto-selected every time.
6. What happens after I click the SEND AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION LINK?
Ans. Once you click the SEND AADHAAR AUTHENTICATION LINK, an authentication link is shared on GST registered mobile number and e-mail IDs of the Promoters/ Partners and Authorized Signatories. This link will be valid for 15 days only after which the link gets expired and can not be used further for Aadhaar authentication Purposes. If the link gets expired, then the taxpayer can send the Aadhaar Authentication link again.
7. Every time I enter an Aadhaar OTP for Aadhar authentication, I receive a message that the OTP has expired. How soon should I request an Aadhaar OTP again?
Ans. You must request for an Aadhaar OTP again only after 45 seconds have passed from the previous request.
8. For how many days will the Aadhaar authentication link received on the Email IDs of the Promoters/ Partners or Authorized Signatories to be valid?
Ans. The Aadhaar authentication link received on Email IDs of the Promoters/ Partners or Authorized Signatories be valid only for 15 days.
9. As the Aadhaar authentication link will be sent on registered Email ID and Mobile Number, the OTP received on both will be the same or different?
Ans. The OTP received on the registered mobile number and Email ID will be common/ same.
10. While using the authentication link for Aadhaar authentication, where will I receive the OTP?
Ans. You will receive common OTP on the mobile number and E-mail ID linked with your Aadhaar on UIDAI Portal for its authentication.
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved