As we come close to another year, the GST Returns Due Date is also coming closer with just 3 days left. The Deadline of the GST Returns GSTR-1 and GSTR-6 is 31st December.
GSTR-1 is the GST Return containg the Outward Supplies of Goods and Services ie. it is the record of Sakes to be submitted to the GST Department.
GSTR-6 is the monthly that has to be filed by an input service distributor. It basically contains details of input tax credit received by input service distributor. The deadline for filing GSTR-6 for the month of July is December 31.
And The time period for filing GSTR-2 and GSTR-3 for the months of July 2017 to March 2018 would be worked out by a committee of officers. Until that time the businesses you will have to file only GSTR-1.
As the GST Council had extented the deadline of filing the GST Returns in which GSTR-1 Due Dates are based on your turnover. Until March 2018 the due dates for the return has been notified and the Businesses with sales of up to Rs. 1.5 crore will file quarterly returns.This means the Quaterly Return for the month of July, August and September has to be filed upto 31st December.
And Other taxpayers with sales above Rs. 1.5 crore have to file monthly return. This means that 4 returns have to be filed for each month July, August, September, and October upto 31st December.
Moreover GSTR1 of following months after July also has been enabled at the GST Portal,a Taxpayer may now enter the details of exports in table 6A of GSTR1,while filing GSTR1 of the respective tax periods.
And in case of Non Filing of GSTR-1, Late Fee of Rs. 200 per day of delay ((Rs. 100 as per CGST Act and Rs. 100 as per SGST Act) will be levied from the date after the due date.
There are some Guidelines for the Taxpayers who are facing problems in Filing GST Return:
1.The Taxpayers(opted for Quaterly Return) who had already filed the GSTR-1 for the month of July should File GSTR-1 for the month of August and September in the GSTR-1 Column of September Month. As those Taxpayers might not be able to access the GSTR-1 tab for the month of August.
2. If a Taxpayer is facing the error in Uploading the JSON File, then he should Download the latest Offline Utility tool updated this week at the GST Portal.
3. In case a Taxpayer has filed the Quarterly GSTR-1 wrongly, there is no option available as of now for the Rectification of GSTR-1 but we can expect to get this option soon by the Department.
4. The Sale through the E-commerce Operator has to be shown in the B2C Column of the GSTR-1 as there is no such separate option is available for the sale via e-commerce like Amazon or Flipkart.
5. The GSTR-1 Summary generation is taking more than the reasonable time so If you have filled the data in GSTR-1 and has proceeded with the "Generate GSTR-1 Summary",It might take few hours in some cases. Therefore the taxpayer need not to worry for the Filing, Summary of the GSTR-1 will be generated.
6. Do not wait for the Last Day to File GSTR-1, do file the Returns as soon as possible as the GST Portal will get slower day by day upto 31st December.
We are the Legal Suvidha providers, the team of CAs, CSs, CMAs, Lawyers and GST Experts who are providing the Business Registrations Services and GST Registrations and GST Return Filing Services in the best possible manner. We can assist you in Filing your GST Returns also, you can call us at 09599937963, 08130645164 or mail us at [email protected] for any queries related to GST Compliances and Advisory.
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved