HOW TO PICK A BRAND NAME THAT WORKS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
A brand name is a trading name chosen by a manufacturer or a business for the range of products or services he/she is selling.
Creating a brand name means choosing words that don’t just announce what your business does, but which also creates a picture in every person’s mind about your business . Moreover, a brand name is a feature that helps customers identify and differentiate one product from another.
A Brand Name is an investment that will last longer than almost any other investments you make into your business. Thus, choosing the right brand name is very crucial.
How to Choose the Right Brand Name
Choosing the right brand name is part of a solid business strategy. Further, it is like creating a shortcut in your customer’s brain that will remind them of all the products and values your company stands for.
Deciding upon and picking the right brand name is very important while launching a new business. Further, the brand name which you pick has to be unique and identifiable with the service you provide your customers.
Here are the different types of brand names you should consider:
1. Descriptive Brand Names: These types of brand names describe the product/service. They convey the nature of the business.
2. Founder Brand Names: Naming a brand after the founder falls under this category. A few examples of companies named after the founder are Disney, Tommy Hilfiger, McDonald’s.
3. Metaphor Names: These types of names are interesting to visualize and can tell a good story with the name. For example, Nike, Amazon, etc.
4. Acronym Names: They are short-hand versions of a descriptive name. Likewise, they are difficult to remember. For example, KFC, IBM, etc.
Let us get to know in detail as how to choose a brand Name for particular field.
How to Choose a Brand Name for Food Products
You should ask yourself the following questions before naming a food brand.
Come up with an unique name which answers all of your above questions.
How to Choose a Name for Cosmetics/Skincare Products
Here is another interesting industry we can take a shot at.
Let’s look at the questions to consider before naming a cosmetic brand:
As a beauty brand, I should consider the changing dynamics of beauty in today’s world. There is a shift toward organic and chemical-free products. Cosmetics is no longer something that only women use. Further, all these have to be taken into account while choosing a brand name and image.
Mistakes you should avoid when choosing a business name:
1. Picking a business name that limits business growth
2. Choosing a name that’s too general
5. Failing to test the name in online searches
4. Using a business name that's too long, difficult to understand, or hard to spell or pronounce
3. Using unusual spellings of common words
6. Not Considering Domain Name Availability
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved