UPDATION OF PAN CARD DETAILS
The National Security Deposit Limited (NSDL) operates Tax Information Network (TIN) provides the facility to update your Pan card details. The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is issued by the Income Tax Authorities is now widely used in financial transactions and it is more convenient proof for identity purposes.
This facility provided by NSDL allows you to update details such as a photograph, address, signature but not the mobile number itself.
Procedure/Steps for Online Application for correction or updation of Pan Card:
1. The Applicant will have to fill PAN Change Request Form online and submit the form. The same form will be applicable for citizens as well as non-citizens of India.
2. If the submitted data fails in any format level validation, a response indicating the error(s) will be displayed on the screen.
3. The applicant shall rectify the error(s) and re-submit the form.
4. If there are no format level error(s), a confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
5. If the applicant requires any amendment to this data, then choose the edit option, else it shall choose the confirm option.
6. For Changes or Correction in PAN data, fill all mandatory fields (marked with *) of the Form and select the corresponding box on the left margin of the appropriate field where correction is required.
7. If the application is for re-issuance of a PAN card without any changes in PAN related data of the applicant, fill all fields in the Form but do not select any box on the left margin.
8. In case of either a request for Change or Correction in PAN data or request for re-issuance of a PAN Card without any changes in PAN data, the address for communication will be updated in the ITD database using the address for communication provided in the application.
9. For cancellation of PAN, fill all mandatory fields in the Form, enter PAN to be cancelled in Item No. 10 of the Form and select the checkbox on the left margin. PAN to be cancelled should not be the same as PAN (the one currently used) mentioned at the top of the Form.
If Physical PAN Card is required:
While submitting the PAN application form, the applicant will have to indicate whether a physical PAN card is required. If the applicant opts for a physical PAN Card, then the physical PAN card will be printed & dispatched at the communication address.
If physical PAN Card is not required:
PAN applicants will have to indicate at the time of submission of PAN application if the physical PAN Card is not required. In such cases, email ID will be mandatory & an e-PAN Card will be sent to the PAN applicant at the email ID.
11. If any of the addresses i.e., office address or residential address is a foreign address, the payment can be made only through credit card/debit card/Net banking / Demand Draft payable at Mumbai (drawn in favor of ‘NSDL – PAN). The name of the applicant and the acknowledgment number should be mentioned on the reverse of the demand draft. At present this facility is available for a select list of countries. Applicants from other countries may contact NSDL e-Gov at the contact details given in point (5) below.
12. However, if the online application is made through e-KYC & e-Sign paperless application/ e-Sign scanned based/ DSC scanned based option (i.e. other than physical mode), then the payment can be made only through credit card/debit card or Net banking.
14. On successful credit card/debit card / net banking payment, an acknowledgment will be displayed. The applicant shall save and print the acknowledgment and send it to NSDL e-Gov as mentioned in point.
15. Applicant shall select the appropriate mode of payment and fill relevant details in the application.
16. On confirmation, and in case of credit card/debit card / net banking payment (on successful payment), an acknowledgment screen will be displayed. The acknowledgment consists of:
An acknowledgment will also indicate fields in which change/correction is requested.
17. Applicant shall save and print this acknowledgment.
18. ‘Individual’ applicants making a “PAN Change Request Application” should affix two recent color photographs (3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided in the acknowledgment. The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the acknowledgment. (The clarity of the image on PAN card will depend on the quality and clarity of the photograph affixed on the form).
19. Signature / Left-hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo affixed on the left side of the acknowledgment in such a manner that portion of signature/impression is on the photo as well as an acknowledgment receipt.
20. The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on the right side of the acknowledgment. If there is any mark on this photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
21. Signature / left thumb impression should only be within the box provided in the acknowledgment. The signature should not be on the photograph. If there is any mark on the photograph such that it hinders the clear visibility of the face of the applicant, the application will not be accepted.
22. Thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
Mode Of Submission Of Documents
23. The acknowledgment duly signed, affixed with photographs (in case of ‘Individuals’) along with demand draft/cheque, if any, proof of existing PAN, proof of identity & address as specified in the application along with any other relevant proof as specified (in Item No.IV – Documents to be submitted along with the application) is to be sent to NSDL at ‘National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune – 411045’.
24. In case, AADHAAR is mentioned in the application then the copy of the AADHAAR allotment letter should also be enclosed along with the acknowledgment
25. Superscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN CHANGE REQUEST-881010200000097’).
26. Your acknowledgment, demand draft/cheque, if any, and proofs, should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.
27. Applications received with demand draft or cheque as a mode of payment shall be processed only on receipt of relevant proofs and realization of payment.
28. Applications received with credit card/debit card / net banking as mode of payment shall be processed on receipt of relevant documents (acknowledgment and proofs).
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved