Policy Changes recommended by the 25th GST Council Meeting
The Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley Chaired the 25 Meeting of the GST Council in New Delhi today. The following Policy Changes have been recommended by the GST Council in its 25 meeting held today:
1. The late fee payable by any registered person for failure to furnish FORM GSTR-1 (supply details), FORM GSTR-5 (Non-resident taxable person) or FORM GSTR-5A (OIDAR) is being reduced to fifty rupees per day and shall be twenty rupees per day for NIL filers. The late fee payable for failure to furnish FORM GSTR-6 (Input Service Distributor) shall be fifty rupees per day.
2. Taxable persons who have obtained voluntary registration will now be permitted to apply for cancellation of registration even before the expiry of one year from the effective date of registration.
3. For migrated taxpayers, the last date for filing FORM GST REG-29 for cancellation of registration is being extended by further three months till 31 March, 2018.
4. The facility for generation, modification and cancellation of e-way bills is being provided on trial basis on the portal ewaybill.nic.in. Once fully operational, the eway bill system will start functioning on the portal ewaybillgst.gov.in
5. Certain modifications are being made to the e-way bill rules which are to be notified nationwide for inter-State movement with effect from 01.02.2018 and for intra-State movement with effect from a date to be announced separately by each State but not later than 01.06.2018.
6. The report and recommendations submitted by the Committee on Handicrafts were also accepted by the GST Council.
Download the List Policy Changes Recommended in the 25th GST Council Meeting Click Here to Download
Recommendations for Changes In GST/IGST Rate and Clarifications in Respect of GST Rate on Certain Goods -As per discussions held in the 25thGST Council Meeting
The Council has recommended certain in GST/IGST rate and clarifications in respect of GST rate on Goods specified below as per discussions in the 25 GST Council Meeting held today. These decisions of the GST Council are being communicated for general information, and will be given effect to through Gazette notifications / circulars which only shall have the force of law.
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 28% TO 18%:
Old and used motor vehicles [medium and large cars and SUVs] on the margin of the supplier, subject to the condition that no input tax credit of central excise duty/value added tax or GST paid on such vehicles has been availed by him. Buses, for use in public transport, which exclusively run on bio-fuels.
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 28% TO 12%:
All types of old and used motors vehicles [other than medium and large cars and SUVs] on the margin of the supplier of subject to the conditions that no input tax credit of central excise duty /value added tax or GST paid on such vehicles has been availed by him.
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 18% TO 12%:
Sugar boiled confectionary
Drinking water packed in 20 litters bottles
Fertilizer grade Phosphoric acid
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 18% TO 5%:
Tamarind Kernel Powder
Mehendi paste in cones
LPG supplied for supply to household domestic consumers by private LPG distributors
Scientific and technical instruments, apparatus, equipment, accessories, parts, components, spares, tools, mock ups and modules, raw material and consumables required for launch vehicles and satellites and payloads
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 12% TO 5%:
Articles of straw, of esparto or of other plaiting materials; basketware and wickerwork
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR INCREASE FROM 12% TO 18%:
Cigarette filter rods
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 12% TO 5% WITH NO REFUND OF UNUTILISED INPUT TAX CREDIT:
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR REDUCTION FROM 3% TO 0.25%:
Diamonds and precious stones
NIL GST RATE:
Parts and accessories for manufacture of hearing aids.
De-oiled rice bran
LIST OF GOODS ON WHICH GST RATE RECOMMENDED FOR INCREASE FROM NIL TO 5%:
Rice bran (other than de-oiled rice bran)
Download the List of change in GST Rates of the Above mentioned Goods Click Here to Download
Download Recommendations made on GST Rate changes on services by the 25th GST Council Meeting Click Here to Download
Legal Suvidha Providers , a Team of GST Experts can assist you in the GST Compliances of your Business. You can contact us at [email protected] or you can call us at 08130645164, 09599937963.
Copyright © 2019 - All Right Reserved