Last Updated On:
June 10, 2021, 11:01 p.m.
NEW E-FILING PORTAL: HOW TO USE?AND ITS FEATURES
On June 7, 2021 the Income Tax Department has launched new ITR e-filing 2.0 portal for all the taxpayers. Now, all users can enjoy hassle free filing of ITR by logging in to the new ITR e-filing 2.0 portal at incometax.gov.in
- New taxpayer friendly portal integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers;
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer;
- Free of cost ITR preparation software available with interactive questions to help taxpayers for ITRs 1, 4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with; Facility for preparation of ITRs 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available shortly;
- Taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property, business/profession which will be used in pre-filling their ITR. Detailed enablement of pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains will be available after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th, 2021);
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for promt response to taxpayer queries. Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- Functionalities for filing Income Tax Forms, Add tax professionals, Submit responses to Notices in Faceless Scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
Clarification is made that, after the advance tax payment instalment date new tax payment system will be launched on June 18th, 2021 to avoid any inconvenience to taxpayers.
Subsequently, mobile app will also be released in the intial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to the familarized with the various features.
Users getting familiar with the new system may take some time, so, the Department requests the patience of all taxpayers/stakeholders for the initial period after the launch of the new portal and while other functionalities get released since this is a major transition.
This is another initiative by CBDT towards providing ease of compliance to its taxpayers and other stakeholders.