Last Updated On:
April 4, 2021, 7:13 p.m.
REFORMS IMPLEMENTED BY GST DEPARTMENT OF MAHARASTRA
1. Profession Tax & GST Registration integrated with Incorporation of Company:
- Profession Tax registration given with Incorporation of Company.
- GST registration can be obtained with Incorporation of Company.
- Please refer Sec 5(3A) of the Profession Tax Act.
2. Relief for Newly Incorporated Companies:
- Pay PTRC and file PTRC return only after commencement of liability under the Profession Tax Act.
- Please refer Sec 6(1) of the Profession Tax Act.
3. Online process of Payment and Return Filing for Profession Tax
- Payment of PT, MVAT, CST and GST is online only.
- Over the Counter facility is available for Small PT Taxpayers.
- PTEC & PTRC can be paid through android and iOS mobile app ‘MahaPT’.
- No return for PTEC.
- PTRC Return filing is completely online.
- Yearly PTRC return for Small Taxpayers up to Rs. 1 Lakh liability in previous year.
4. Due date for paying PTEC changed
- Pay PTEC by 31st March of that F.Y.
- Earlier it was 30th June of that F.Y.
5. PTEC & PTRC Payment can be made together
- Pay PTEC & PTRC tax together and save time and efforts.
- Please refer Trade Circular 52T of 2019.
6. Reduction in Late Fee for delay up to one month
- Late Fee for dalay up to 30 days in filing PTRC return reduced to Rs. 200/-
- Rs. 1000/- Late Fee for delay of more than 30 days in late filing PTRC return
- Now no penalty u/s 5(5) of the Profession Tax Act if person liable for enrolment has failed to apply within the prescribed time (w.e.f. 9th July 2019).
7. Due date for paying PTRC & filing return extended from time to time
Due date of paying PTEC and PTRC and filing returns under PTRC extended from time to time due to Covid-19 Pandemic whenever required.