Last Updated On:
March 1, 2022, 3:50 p.m.
SUBMISSION OF LETTER OF UNDERTAKING (LUT) FOR THE F.Y 2022-2023
Under CGST Rules, 2017, any registered person can furnish LUT in form GST RFD 11 and export goods or services without payment of integrated tax.
Any person can apply for LUT if they:-
- Are registered under GST
- Intended to supply goods or services to India or Overseas or to SEZs
- Wishes to supply goods or services without payment of an integrated tax
What is a Letter of Undertaking (LUT)?
Letter of Undertaking is a document that exporters can file to export goods or services without having to pay taxes. Under the new GST regime, all exports are subject to IGST, which can later be reclaimed via a refund against the tax paid.
What are the documents required to file LUT?
- KYC documents of two witnesses
- Nature of employment of witnesses
- Copy of last year's LUT (if any)
The new LUT for FY 2022-23 should be available before 01-04-2022 for doing exports on or after 01-04-2022.
The GSTN common portal has activated the facility to furnish LUT for FY 2022-23.
What is the procedure for Submitting LUT?
- Login to GST Portal at www.gst.gov.in URL. The GST Home page is displayed
- Log in using your GST Login Credentials
- Click on Services Tab> User Services> Furnish Letter of Undertaking.
- Select the financial year for 2022-23 from the LUT Applied for Financial Year drop-down list.
- Click the Choose File button to upload the previous LUT (In case, you have furnished LUT for the previous period, attach the same and continue to file your application) (Only PDF or JPEG file formats are allowed &. Maximum file size for upload is 2 MB).
- Read and Select all the three declaration checkboxes for accepting the conditions prescribed in the Letter of Undertaking.
- Fill in the details of witnesses. Two witnesses are required to file LUT. The name and address of witnesses will be required.
- Select the authorized signatory
- Click the PREVIEW button to preview the form.
- You can click the SAVE button to save the form and retrieve it later.
- Click the SIGN AND FILE WITH DSC or SIGN AND FILE WITH EVC button.
A LUT shall be deemed to have been accepted as soon as an acknowledgment for the same, bearing the Application Reference Number (ARN), is generated online. (Circular No. 40/14/2018-GST) LUT is deemed to be accepted by GSTN.