DOMESTIC MARKET PROMOTION (DMP) SCEHME
The Domestic Market Promotion (DMP) Scheme is introduced by the Coir Board in lieu of the Rebate Scheme. The DMP scheme is linked with the sales performance of the beneficiary/unit. The DMP scheme aims to provide incentives for better performance.
PURPOSE OF THE SCHEME:
The main goal of the introduction of DMP is to develop a strong and stable domestic market for coir and coir products. Such a strong and stable domestic coir market would enable increasing returns to the manufacturers; growth of employment /entrepreneurship development, increase in the utilization of raw-material, etc.
Through the Scheme, the Board targets popularising coir and coir products and expanding the domestic market thereon. The Board is undertaking the following activities for achieving the required targets:
- One of the main activities of the Board is to give huge publicity for popularising the coir and coir products.
- Establishment and maintenance of showrooms and sales depots:
- The Board is maintaining around 30 showrooms and 2 sales depots. The main purpose of maintaining such showrooms and sales depot is the improvement of the market of coir and coir products and to prevent unfair competition.
- In such board’s maintained showrooms and sales depots, the coir goods are received from various small-scale manufacturers; co-operative societies and other government units, helping them to market their products.
- Participation in Domestic Exhibitions:
- With an aim to popularise coir and coir products and enhance sales through the board’s showrooms, the Board is actively participating in important exhibitions organised all over the country.
The following lists are the qualifying applicant who can apply under the DMP scheme:
- Apex co-operative societies;
- Central co-operative societies;
- Primary co-operative societies;
- Public Sector Enterprises;
- Franchisees (appointed by the coir board in the coir industry); and
- Showroom and sales depots (eligible).
Utilization of the Assistance
The assistance received under the scheme can be utilized only for the following purposes:
- Opening a new showroom or new sales outlet,
- Renovation of current sales outlet,
- Publicity (including both print and electronic),
- Market Study,
- Innovative marketing strategies (including payment of discounts and other sales campaigns),
- Setting up of market intelligence network or upgradation of design facilities like installation of computer; engagement of qualified designers; aided design Centre; computerization of showrooms; introduction of e-commerce facilities, etc.
The DMP has the following components:
1. MARKET DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE:
The Market Development Assistance Scheme has been introduced by the Coir Board w.e.f. 2000-2001 in lieu of the Rebate Scheme that was in operation in the Coir Sector till 1999-2000. The MDA is linked with the sales performance of the concerned beneficiary organization and aims at providing incentives for better performance.
2. QUANTUM OF ASSISTANCE
The Scheme proposes to provide financial assistance to the Apex Co-operative Societies, Central Co-op. Societies, Primary Co-operative Societies, Public Sector Enterprises in the coir industry and the Showroom and Sales Depots / Hindustan Coir of the Coir Board. The MDA is granted at the rate of 10% of their average annual sales turnover of coir products including coir fibre, coir pith, coir pith block, coir pith products, coir pith organic manure, coir yarn, mats, mattings, rubberized coir goods, coir geotextiel, garden articles, coir Bags, coir umbrella, coir chapel, coir ornaments, coir handicrafts, coir wood and other innovative products during the preceding three financial years. This Assistance will
be shared on 1:1 basis between the Central Government and the concerned State/Union Territory Government. The disbursement of Central share of MDA will be subject to the budgetary outlay available with the Coir Board under the relevant schemes.
3. UTILISATION OF THE ASSISTANCE
The assistance provided under the Scheme must essentially be utilized for the following purposes:
ii) Opening of New Showroom/Sales Outlet
iii) Renovation of existing Sales Outlets
iv) Market study
v) Setting up of Market Intelligence network/ up-gradation of design facilities like installation of Computer, Aided Design.
Centre, engagement of qualified designers, the introduction of e-commerce facilities, computerization of Showrooms etc.
vii) Innovative Marketing Strategies including payment of