- Start a Business
- Private Limited Company Registration
- One Person Company Registration
- LLP Registration
- Section 8 Company Registration
- 80G and 12A Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- Startup India Registration
- Nidhi Company Registration
- Producer Company Registration
- Public Limited Company Registration
- Pitch Deck
- US Incorporation
- Business Plan Preparation
- Manage a Business
- Transfer of Shares
- POSH Compliance
- Increasing Capital
- Payroll Maintenance
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Filings
- DSC & IEC
- Change Services
- Closure of Company
- MCA Filings
- Accounting & Taxation
- Income Tax
- Licenses & IPR
- Legal Services
- Legal Notice
- Founders Agreement
- Shareholders Agreement
- Finance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Gift Deed
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Freelancer Agreement
- Sale Deed
- Make a will
- Service Level Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Consultancy Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Relinquishment Deed
- Vendor Agreement
- Master Service Agreement
- Professional Tax Registration
- Labour Law
- Cyber Crime
- Rental Agreement
- Rent and Lease Agreement
- Cheque Bounce
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Court Marriage Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act
- Online Presence
- EPR Registration
- PRO Authorization
- Plastic Waste Authorization
- Refurbisher Authorization and License
- E-Waste Recycling Authorization
- E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Hydrogeological survey report
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Clearance
- Environmental Auditing
- State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) – NOC
- Bio Medical Waste Recycling Plant
- Authorization for Export of Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste Management Authorization
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Authorization for Import of Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Waste Processors Authorisation
- EPR Post Compliance – Plastic Waste
- EPR Authorization for PWM
- Plastic Waste Management
- Plastic Waste Recycling Plant & PWM
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
- ESG Strategies
- Environmental Advisory
- TSDF Facility Services
- Authorized Vehicle Scrapping Facility (AVSF)
- iCAT Certification
- Environmental Licensing
- Registration for Scrap Battery Import
- Lithium-Ion Battery Import License
- New Lead Acid Battery Import License
- Battery Waste Management
- E-waste License for Dismantling
- CGWA-Water Boring
- License for charging station in UP
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from SPCB
- Phase II Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Pollution NOC
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
- APEDA Registration
- Trade License
- RERA Registration
- Professional Tax Registration
- DOT OSP License
- FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- AD Code Registration
- MSME Registration
- FCRA Registration
- Right to Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Language Translation
- ISO Certification
Plastic waste management
HAZARDOUS waste management
Convert Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Convert Proprietorship to Private Company is a legal process that involves changing the structure of a sole proprietorship business to a private limited company. This is done in order to avail the benefits and advantages of being a private limited company, such as limited liability protection, access to more capital, better legal status, and easier transferability of ownership.
Expert in Convert Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Best Compliance Firm For Your Company
Overview of Convert Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
Starting a business as a Sole Proprietorship is a common practice by most of the people due to low compliance requirements. But with the increase in business and growth in income, there is a need to separate the bank accounts and the tax filings of the Sole Proprietor and that of the business. To accomplish this separation a possible solution is to convert the Sole Proprietorship into a Private Limited Company as it offers various benefits over proprietorship like limited liability, ability to attract equity capital, continued existence, etc.
Following are some requirements to be kept in mind while converting proprietorship into a private limited company:
• To convert a Sole Proprietorship into a Private Limited Company, an agreement has to be executed between the Proprietorship and the Private Limited Company (once it is incorporated) for the sale of the business. To convert a Sole Proprietorship into a Private Limited Company, an agreement has to be executed between the Proprietorship and the Private Limited Company (once it is incorporated) for the sale of the business.
• Further, such Private Limited Company so incorporated must have “the takeover of a Sole Proprietorship Concern” as one of the objectives in its Memorandum of Association.
• Transfer of all assets & liabilities to the private limited company.
• The sole proprietor as a member of the board of directors with at least 50% voting power.
• No benefit direct or indirect to sole proprietor other than by way of allotment of shares.
• Minimum 2 shareholders & 2 directors for private limited company.
• DIN for all directors.
Advantages of Convert Proprietorship to Private Limited Company
|No Minimum Capital||No requirement of minimum paid-up capital is required for starting a Private Limited Company.|
|Ease of formation||A Private Limited Company can be easily registered and is easy to manage and run with less legal compliance.|
|Build a great Team||Today, in the business world it is important to have the option of providing stock ownership or ESOPs to employees which can be offered only by Limited companies.|
|Separate Legal Entity||The biggest advantage of a Private Limited Company is that its identity is distinct from that of its members which ultimately limits the liability of members. A company is a separate person having its rights & Obligations enabling it to enter into contracts in its name, right to sue & be sued.|
|Perpetual Succession||In case of the death of the owner or transfer of shares, your business won’t get affected as the company is considered separate from its members.|
|Limited Liability||The greatest benefit of a Private Limited Company is limited liability. If any liability arises then its member’s assets remain unaffected; members are only liable for unpaid shares held by them and not more than that. Stakeholders are not liable for corporate debts and liabilities.|
|Greater Flexibility||A Private Limited Company is required to perform lesser legal formalities as compared to a Public Limited Company. It enjoys special exemptions and privileges under the company law. Therefore, in a Private Limited Company, less compliance is required.|
|Secrecy||A Private Limited Company is not required to publish its accounts or file several documents. Therefore, it is in a better position than a public company to maintain business secrets.|
|Attract Investment||Private limited companies easily accommodate equity funding as there is a clear distinction between shareholders and directors as well as limited liability. Venture capitalists and private equity funds prefer to invest in this structure.|
|Transparency & Credibility||Private Limited Company enjoys enhanced transparency as the information relating to a company is available in a publicly searchable database. Thus, able to win the trust of the general public & improve business credibility.|
|Exit Plan||It offers the best type of exit plan for all promoters. Only the shares of a company can be sold or transferred to another entity without any hassles, while the business remains a going concern.|
|Going International||A private limited company allows FDI up to 100% through an automatic route without any prior government approval.|
Step 1: Obtaining DSC and DIN: Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) and Director Identification Number(DIN) is required for the proposed Directors of the Private Limited Company which is necessary to file the company registration documents. For this, you will only need to provide a few scanned documents and details; our representatives will fill out the form and submit it online. DIN and DSC can be obtained for the proposed Directors within 1 to 2 days.
Step 2: Name Approval: A minimum of one and a maximum of six proposed names must be submitted to the MCA. Subject to availability, naming guidelines and MCA processing time, Name Approval can be obtained in 2 to 3 working days.
Step 3: Drafting MOA and AOA Electronically: It takes 2 to 3 days to draft MOA and AOA Electronically in Spice MOA (INC-33) and Spice AOA (INC-34).
Step 4: Company Registration: After drafting the e-MOA and e-AOA, the incorporation Spice Form INC-32 is submitted along with a link form Spice MOA (INC-33) and Spice AOA (INC-34) to the MCA. MCA will usually approve the application for incorporation in 5 to 7 days, subject to their processing time. Please note that forms 49A and 49B have to be mandatorily applied with SPICe. If the same is not filed within 2 days of submitting SPICe (INC-32), the application for incorporation will be marked as ‘Invalid’.
For Directors & Shareholders
1. Self Attested PAN Card copy
2. Self Attested copy of any one of the Identity Proof(Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License)
3. Self Attested copy of Address Proof in the name of the director (Any utility bill i.e., mobile bill/water bill/ electricity bill, or bank statement which should not be older than two months)
4. Passport-sized photograph
For Registered Office
1. Rent Agreement (Notarised: For rented property)
2. Sale Deed/Property Deed in English (in case of owned property)
3. No-objection Certificate from the property owner
4. Latest Electricity Bill / Mobile or Telephone Bill / Latest Bank Statement/Gas Bill
FAQ's Convert Proprietorship to Private Limited Company :-
For how long can I run the Sole Proprietorship in existence with the newly formed Private Limited Company?
The proprietorship must be closed within three months of incorporating of the Private Limited Company.
The assets of proprietorship can be converted into capital for the Private Limited Company, via the making of resolutions and further contracts/agreements. Any debt owing to any creditors (including fines/penalties) will have to be settled before the transfer of such assets.
All bank accounts used for the sole-proprietorship need to be closed, and a new bank account under the Private Limited Company need to be opened. Naturally, all cheques and bank transfers need to be made in favor of the Private Limited Company henceforth.
No. All licenses and permits must be re-applied under the Private Limited Company following necessary procedures to concerned authorities.
Yes, you need a minimum of two Directors for a private limited company. If you are the sole owner, you can register as a One Person Company.
Any individual/organization can become a member of the private limited company including foreigners/NRI.
Why People Choose Our Services ?
Free Legal Advice
We provide free of cost consultation and legal advice to our clients.
Tech Driven Platform
All our services are online no need you to travel from your place to get our services.
We are a team of more than 15+ professionals with 11 years of experience.
There are no hidden & extra charges* other than the quote/invoice we provide.
100 % Client Satisfaction
We aim that all our customers are fully satisfied with our services.
We value your time and we promise all our services are delivered on time.
Why Trust legal Suvidha?
People Who loved our services and what they feel.
In this Journey of the past 10+ years, we had gained the trust of many startups, businesses, and professionals in India and stand with a 4.9/5 rating in google reviews.
Reno K Subramaniam
I have recently registered a Private Limited firm and was looking for a CA to take care of the filings, Startup India Certificate, and other formalities. I have received emails from legal Suvidha and a few others. I tried talking to them all. But, Mr. Mayank from Legal Suvidha was very impressive and was patient enough, prompt to answer all the queries. He has a very professional team and after the initial formalities, I started interacting with the team. It's not even 2 weeks but I really feel overwhelmed by their service and professionalism. I received my startup India certificate yesterday and my filings have been done promptly. The team at legal suvidha Ms. Nidhi, Ms. Priyanka, Ms. Koshika, and Ms. Saloni all show the same professionalism and are readily available to take care of the official filings and stuff. Overall a great experience till now and looking forward to a great journey!
Legal suvidha is a team of genuine and experienced professionals who give you best services according to your profile
Saloni from legalsuvidha has done a excellent job for filling and geting certificate of DPIIT. Thanks to legalsuvidha.
Team Legal Suvidha offers a brilliant service. There communication is quite clear and they execute the job meticulously. We are a startup private limited company and their advice is so critical in making my decision. Well done team. Keep it up. Prakaash Hari, Director, ipixela.
Dedicated team and fast response
Dr. Vishal Ghag
Been using their services since 3 years now and I am absolutely happy with Legal Suvidha. They have been supportive, understanding and highly skilled at helping me with my business needs.
Stay Updated With Our Blogs!
Explore more of our blogs to have better clarity and understanding
of the latest corporate & business updates.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter .
Sign up to receive email updates on new product announcements, special promotions, sales & more.