- Start a Business
- Private Limited Company Registration
- One Person Company Registration
- LLP Registration
- Section 8 Company Registration
- 80G and 12A Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- Startup India Registration
- Nidhi Company Registration
- Producer Company Registration
- Public Limited Company Registration
- Pitch Deck
- US Incorporation
- Business Plan Preparation
- Manage a Business
- Transfer of Shares
- POSH Compliance
- Increasing Capital
- Payroll Maintenance
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Filings
- DSC & IEC
- Change Services
- Closure of Company
- MCA Filings
- Accounting & Taxation
- Income Tax
- Licenses & IPR
- Legal Services
- Legal Notice
- Founders Agreement
- Shareholders Agreement
- Finance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Gift Deed
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Freelancer Agreement
- Sale Deed
- Make a will
- Service Level Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Consultancy Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Relinquishment Deed
- Vendor Agreement
- Master Service Agreement
- Professional Tax Registration
- Labour Law
- Cyber Crime
- Rental Agreement
- Rent and Lease Agreement
- Cheque Bounce
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Court Marriage Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act
- Online Presence
- EPR Registration
- PRO Authorization
- Plastic Waste Authorization
- Refurbisher Authorization and License
- E-Waste Recycling Authorization
- E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Hydrogeological survey report
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Clearance
- Environmental Auditing
- State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) – NOC
- Bio Medical Waste Recycling Plant
- Authorization for Export of Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste Management Authorization
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Authorization for Import of Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Waste Processors Authorisation
- EPR Post Compliance – Plastic Waste
- EPR Authorization for PWM
- Plastic Waste Management
- Plastic Waste Recycling Plant & PWM
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
- ESG Strategies
- Environmental Advisory
- TSDF Facility Services
- Authorized Vehicle Scrapping Facility (AVSF)
- iCAT Certification
- Environmental Licensing
- Registration for Scrap Battery Import
- Lithium-Ion Battery Import License
- New Lead Acid Battery Import License
- Battery Waste Management
- E-waste License for Dismantling
- CGWA-Water Boring
- License for charging station in UP
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from SPCB
- Phase II Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Pollution NOC
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
- APEDA Registration
- Trade License
- RERA Registration
- Professional Tax Registration
- DOT OSP License
- FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- AD Code Registration
- MSME Registration
- FCRA Registration
- Right to Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Language Translation
- ISO Certification
Plastic waste management
HAZARDOUS waste management
Public Limited Company
A public limited company (PLC) is a type of company that is publicly traded and has limited liability. It is a legal structure that allows the company to offer shares to the public, which can be bought and sold on a stock exchange. A PLC must have at least two directors and issue a prospectus before it can offer shares to the public. PLCs are subject to more regulatory requirements and public scrutiny than private limited companies. They also tend to be larger and have more shareholders than private limited companies.
Expert in Public Limited Company
Best Compliance Firm For Your Company
Overview of Public Limited Company
A public Limited company is a company that has limited liability & unlike the private limited company, the shares are offered to the general public. It is registered under the Companies Act, 2013. For incorporation, a minimum of 7 shareholders & 3 directors is required. The directors can also be shareholders.
- The liability of the shareholders is limited to the amount of money they have invested in the company.
- This means that if the company runs into financial difficulties, the shareholders are not personally liable for the debts of the company beyond their investment.
- PLCs are subject to more regulatory requirements than other types of companies, such as private limited companies.
- They are required to publish financial reports and hold annual general meetings where shareholders can vote on matters such as the appointment of directors and the approval of financial statements.
- Because of their ability to raise large amounts of capital by issuing shares to the public, PLCs are often larger and more established than other types of companies.
- They are also able to attract more investors and have greater access to funding sources, such as banks and financial institutions.
- Overall, the public limited company structure provides a way for businesses to grow and expand by raising capital from a large number of investors, while at the same time limiting the personal liability of shareholders.
Advantages of Public Limited Company
|Separate Legal Entity||A Public limited company is considered as a separate legal entity for the law. Accordingly, it can hold property in its name, sue & be sued, borrow in its name, etc.|
|Limited Liability||The members are considered separate from the company. So, they are not liable for the creditors of the company.|
|Improves Capital||Since, the shares can be issued to the general public, anyone can invest in a public limited company & the capital of the company gets improved.|
|Preference by Investors||It is preferred by investors as it is a well structured & transparent business structure.|
|Spread out risk||Since the shares are issued to the public, the risk in the market is spread out.|
|Transfer of Shares||In a public limited company, it is very easy to exit by just handing over the shares along with the duly signed share transfer forms.|
|Large Investment||It is a preferable business structure for a large amount of investment.|
|Expansion||Due to less risk, there is a perfect opportunity for growing & expanding the business by investing in new projects, the money raised through shares.|
Step 1: Obtaining DSC and DIN: Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) and Director Identification Number(DIN) is required for the proposed Directors of the Private Limited Company which is necessary to file the company registration documents. For this, you will only need to provide a few scanned documents and details; our representatives will fill out the form and submit it online. DIN and DSC can be obtained for the proposed Directors within 1 to 2 days.
Step 2: Name Approval: A minimum of one and a maximum of six proposed names must be submitted to the MCA. Subject to availability, naming guidelines and MCA processing time, Name Approval can be obtained in 2 to 3 working days.
Step 3: Drafting MOA and AOA Electronically: It takes 2 to 3 days to draft MOA and AOA Electronically in Spice MOA (INC-33) and Spice AOA (INC-34).
Step 4: Company Registration: After drafting the e-MOA and e-AOA, the incorporation Spice Form INC-32 is submitted along with a link form Spice MOA (INC-33) and Spice AOA (INC-34) to the MCA. MCA will usually approve the application for incorporation in 5 to 7 days, subject to their processing time. Please note that forms 49A and 49B have to be mandatorily applied with SPICe. If the same is not filed within 2 days of submitting SPICe (INC-32), the application for incorporation will be marked as ‘Invalid’.
1. Copy of PAN Card of directors
2. Passport size photograph of directors
3. Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card
4. Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
5. Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
6. Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
7. Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
FAQ's Public Limited Company :-
Once the company is formed, it will be valid until it is officially closed down by the owners. No renewal is required. However, every year companies have to file very basic returns with ROC office.
There is no maximum limit for the number of shareholders in a public limited company.
Yes, the office address can be changed anytime after incorporation.
Since public money is involved it has to undertake strict compliances. Apart from the regular compliances related to income tax, there are many periodic and annual compliances to be made by a public limited company with ROC/MCA, SEBI, RBI, etc. These regulatory liabilities are in addition to securing and promoting steadily the profits and welfare of all shareholders of the public limited company.
Yes, an NRI or Foreign National can also be a shareholder or director in a public limited company of India.
Yes, a salaried person can become a director of the company.
Why People Choose Our Services ?
Free Legal Advice
We provide free of cost consultation and legal advice to our clients.
Tech Driven Platform
All our services are online no need you to travel from your place to get our services.
We are a team of more than 15+ professionals with 11 years of experience.
There are no hidden & extra charges* other than the quote/invoice we provide.
100 % Client Satisfaction
We aim that all our customers are fully satisfied with our services.
We value your time and we promise all our services are delivered on time.
Why Trust legal Suvidha?
People Who loved our services and what they feel.
In this Journey of the past 10+ years, we had gained the trust of many startups, businesses, and professionals in India and stand with a 4.9/5 rating in google reviews.
Reno K Subramaniam
I have recently registered a Private Limited firm and was looking for a CA to take care of the filings, Startup India Certificate, and other formalities. I have received emails from legal Suvidha and a few others. I tried talking to them all. But, Mr. Mayank from Legal Suvidha was very impressive and was patient enough, prompt to answer all the queries. He has a very professional team and after the initial formalities, I started interacting with the team. It's not even 2 weeks but I really feel overwhelmed by their service and professionalism. I received my startup India certificate yesterday and my filings have been done promptly. The team at legal suvidha Ms. Nidhi, Ms. Priyanka, Ms. Koshika, and Ms. Saloni all show the same professionalism and are readily available to take care of the official filings and stuff. Overall a great experience till now and looking forward to a great journey!
Legal suvidha is a team of genuine and experienced professionals who give you best services according to your profile
Saloni from legalsuvidha has done a excellent job for filling and geting certificate of DPIIT. Thanks to legalsuvidha.
Team Legal Suvidha offers a brilliant service. There communication is quite clear and they execute the job meticulously. We are a startup private limited company and their advice is so critical in making my decision. Well done team. Keep it up. Prakaash Hari, Director, ipixela.
Dedicated team and fast response
Dr. Vishal Ghag
Been using their services since 3 years now and I am absolutely happy with Legal Suvidha. They have been supportive, understanding and highly skilled at helping me with my business needs.
Stay Updated With Our Blogs!
Explore more of our blogs to have better clarity and understanding
of the latest corporate & business updates.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter .
Sign up to receive email updates on new product announcements, special promotions, sales & more.