- Start a Business
- Private Limited Company Registration
- One Person Company Registration
- LLP Registration
- Section 8 Company Registration
- 80G and 12A Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- Startup India Registration
- Nidhi Company Registration
- Producer Company Registration
- Public Limited Company Registration
- Pitch Deck
- US Incorporation
- Business Plan Preparation
- Manage a Business
- Transfer of Shares
- POSH Compliance
- Increasing Capital
- Payroll Maintenance
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Filings
- DSC & IEC
- Change Services
- Closure of Company
- MCA Filings
- Accounting & Taxation
- Income Tax
- Licenses & IPR
- Legal Services
- Legal Notice
- Founders Agreement
- Shareholders Agreement
- Finance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Gift Deed
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Freelancer Agreement
- Sale Deed
- Make a will
- Service Level Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Consultancy Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Relinquishment Deed
- Vendor Agreement
- Master Service Agreement
- Professional Tax Registration
- Labour Law
- Cyber Crime
- Rental Agreement
- Rent and Lease Agreement
- Cheque Bounce
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Court Marriage Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act
- Online Presence
- EPR Registration
- PRO Authorization
- Plastic Waste Authorization
- Refurbisher Authorization and License
- E-Waste Recycling Authorization
- E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Hydrogeological survey report
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Clearance
- Environmental Auditing
- State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) – NOC
- Bio Medical Waste Recycling Plant
- Authorization for Export of Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste Management Authorization
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Authorization for Import of Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Waste Processors Authorisation
- EPR Post Compliance – Plastic Waste
- EPR Authorization for PWM
- Plastic Waste Management
- Plastic Waste Recycling Plant & PWM
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
- ESG Strategies
- Environmental Advisory
- TSDF Facility Services
- Authorized Vehicle Scrapping Facility (AVSF)
- iCAT Certification
- Environmental Licensing
- Registration for Scrap Battery Import
- Lithium-Ion Battery Import License
- New Lead Acid Battery Import License
- Battery Waste Management
- E-waste License for Dismantling
- CGWA-Water Boring
- License for charging station in UP
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from SPCB
- Phase II Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Pollution NOC
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
- APEDA Registration
- Trade License
- RERA Registration
- Professional Tax Registration
- DOT OSP License
- FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- AD Code Registration
- MSME Registration
- FCRA Registration
- Right to Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Language Translation
- ISO Certification
Plastic waste management
HAZARDOUS waste management
Payroll maintenance is the process of managing and keeping accurate records of employee compensation and benefits, including salaries, wages, bonuses, and deductions. It involves tasks such as calculating payroll taxes, ensuring compliance with labor laws and regulations, and preparing financial statements related to employee compensation. Payroll maintenance is a critical aspect of human resources and accounting, as it impacts both employees and the financial health of an organization. Effective payroll maintenance can help ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time, while also minimizing errors, avoiding legal issues, and maintaining financial transparency.
Expert in Payroll Maintenance
Best Compliance Firm For Your Company
Overview of Payroll Maintenance
For businesses, a payroll system is a crucial piece of compliance software. A company must have a consistent and regular financial system so that it can pay its employees on time. Employees may start to doubt the company’s ability to pay salaries on time or may experience needless delays. Additionally, it might even have an impact on employee morale at the business.
- The payroll process involves arriving at what is due to the employees also called as ‘net pay’ after adjusting necessary taxes and other deductions which includes: Developing the organization’s pay policy including flexible benefits, leave encashment policy, etc.
- Defining payslip components like basic, variable pay, HRA, and LTA The actual calculation of gross salary, statutory as well as non-statutory deductions, and arriving at the net pay Depositing dues like TDS, PF, etc. with appropriate authorities and filing returns Developing organization pay policy including flexible benefits, leave encashment policy, etc.
- Defining payslip components like basic, variable pay, HRA, and LTA The actual calculation of gross salary, statutory as well as non-statutory deductions, and arriving at the net pay Depositing dues like TDS, PF, etc. with appropriate authorities and filing returns.
Advantages of Payroll Maintenance
|Easy Tax Filing and Reports||According to the Income Tax Act, every salaried person is required to pay taxes in accordance with State and Federal regulations based on their wage and exemption threshold. It handles all legal and compliance needs, which helps the business file taxes quickly|
|Economical And Time-Saving||Usually, payroll software is made to work with the current accounting system, allowing businesses to reduce the time and cost of processing big amounts of data.|
|Determine Compensation||The payroll system now includes all forms of compensation for every employee, making it easier for employers to assess each employee’s performance during the evaluation cycle|
|Maintain Reputation||A corporation must guarantee that all of its financial responsibilities are met as well as maintaining compliance with all tax and labour laws, including TDS, ITR, ESI, and PF. This helps to increase the brand proposition and improves an organization’s reputation as a reliable employer|
Step 1: Defining payroll policy: The first step is wherein the policies to the bank during the payroll processes need to be established. These policies need to be approved by the management to turn these policies into standards. Policies like the Pay policy, Attendance policy, leave and benefits policy, and more.
Step 2: Gathering inputs: At this stage, the inputs are gathered from various departments to ensure the accurate calculation of the payroll.
Step 3: Input validation: Once the data has been collected, it is crucial to confirm its accuracy because even the smallest error could completely sabotage the payroll process.Make sure the list only contains active employees and does not contain any information of inactive workers. examining the data to see if it complies with business rules. Make sure the presentation is done correctly.
Step 4: Payroll Calculation: At this step, the payroll system receives the input data that has been verified in preparation for processing actual payroll. After adjusting for appropriate taxes and other deductions, the outcome is the Net pay.
To prevent further errors, it is always preferable to reconcile the figures and check the accuracy after the payroll process is complete.
Post- Payroll Activities
Step 1: Statutory compliance: The payroll administrator must strictly follow all legal requirements. Several statutory deductions, including EPF, TDS, and ESI, are taken during the processing of payroll.The appropriate authorities or government entities are then given these deductions.
Step 2: Payroll accounting: Every organization is required to maintain an accurate book of accounts and the salary that is paid for one of the significant entries in the books of accounts.
Step 3: Payout: After following the aforementioned procedures, salaries can ultimately be paid in cash, checks, or bank transfers. It is preferable to establish employee salary accounts for smooth transfers.
Step 4: Report: The final step is to compile a report, and it’s important to do so accurately so that it includes data like personnel costs by department or region.
1.Attendance Register and/or clock cards
2. Register for normal time and overtime
3.Leave pay, holiday pay and dearness and other allowances
5. Job cards are used for the calculation of bonus
6.Records required for deduction such as Provident Fund, State Insurance Scheme and Family Pension Fund
7.Records received from Accounts Department for fines, losses and recovery of damages
8. Register for co-operative society due
9. Register of Loans and Advances
10. Record of voluntary deductions like Voluntary Provident Fund, LIC
11. Employee’s contribution to Group Insurance Scheme
12. Income Tax if applicable
FAQ's Payroll Maintenance :-
Payroll activities include capturing attendance data for a given month in order to accurately track employee pay and attendance, recording new hire and employee departure information, determining whether any advances or incentives need to be paid, and determining whether any special salary structure adjustments need to be made.
Payroll comes under both the HR and the finance departments.
The accounting department prepares the payment and is subject to permission from the head of the Agency or the representative. The human resource office creates the payroll since they have records of the attendance and overtime that is provided by the employees.
It helps to ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time, payroll management is crucial. Payroll managers can help avoid overpaying or underpaying employees by monitoring employee hours, salaries, and taxes.
Why People Choose Our Services ?
Free Legal Advice
We provide free of cost consultation and legal advice to our clients.
Tech Driven Platform
All our services are online no need you to travel from your place to get our services.
We are a team of more than 15+ professionals with 11 years of experience.
There are no hidden & extra charges* other than the quote/invoice we provide.
100 % Client Satisfaction
We aim that all our customers are fully satisfied with our services.
We value your time and we promise all our services are delivered on time.
Why Trust legal Suvidha?
People Who loved our services and what they feel.
In this Journey of the past 10+ years, we had gained the trust of many startups, businesses, and professionals in India and stand with a 4.9/5 rating in google reviews.
Reno K Subramaniam
I have recently registered a Private Limited firm and was looking for a CA to take care of the filings, Startup India Certificate, and other formalities. I have received emails from legal Suvidha and a few others. I tried talking to them all. But, Mr. Mayank from Legal Suvidha was very impressive and was patient enough, prompt to answer all the queries. He has a very professional team and after the initial formalities, I started interacting with the team. It's not even 2 weeks but I really feel overwhelmed by their service and professionalism. I received my startup India certificate yesterday and my filings have been done promptly. The team at legal suvidha Ms. Nidhi, Ms. Priyanka, Ms. Koshika, and Ms. Saloni all show the same professionalism and are readily available to take care of the official filings and stuff. Overall a great experience till now and looking forward to a great journey!
Legal suvidha is a team of genuine and experienced professionals who give you best services according to your profile
Saloni from legalsuvidha has done a excellent job for filling and geting certificate of DPIIT. Thanks to legalsuvidha.
Team Legal Suvidha offers a brilliant service. There communication is quite clear and they execute the job meticulously. We are a startup private limited company and their advice is so critical in making my decision. Well done team. Keep it up. Prakaash Hari, Director, ipixela.
Dedicated team and fast response
Dr. Vishal Ghag
Been using their services since 3 years now and I am absolutely happy with Legal Suvidha. They have been supportive, understanding and highly skilled at helping me with my business needs.
Stay Updated With Our Blogs!
Explore more of our blogs to have better clarity and understanding
of the latest corporate & business updates.
of the latest corporate & business updates.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter .
Sign up to receive email updates on new product announcements, special promotions, sales & more.