- Start a Business
- Private Limited Company Registration
- One Person Company Registration
- LLP Registration
- Section 8 Company Registration
- 80G and 12A Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- Startup India Registration
- Nidhi Company Registration
- Producer Company Registration
- Public Limited Company Registration
- Pitch Deck
- US Incorporation
- Business Plan Preparation
- Manage a Business
- Transfer of Shares
- POSH Compliance
- Increasing Capital
- Payroll Maintenance
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Filings
- DSC & IEC
- Change Services
- Closure of Company
- MCA Filings
- Accounting & Taxation
- Income Tax
- Licenses & IPR
- Legal Services
- Legal Notice
- Founders Agreement
- Shareholders Agreement
- Finance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Gift Deed
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Freelancer Agreement
- Sale Deed
- Make a will
- Service Level Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Consultancy Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Relinquishment Deed
- Vendor Agreement
- Master Service Agreement
- Professional Tax Registration
- Labour Law
- Cyber Crime
- Rental Agreement
- Rent and Lease Agreement
- Cheque Bounce
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Court Marriage Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act
- Online Presence
- EPR Registration
- PRO Authorization
- Plastic Waste Authorization
- Refurbisher Authorization and License
- E-Waste Recycling Authorization
- E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Hydrogeological survey report
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Clearance
- Environmental Auditing
- State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) – NOC
- Bio Medical Waste Recycling Plant
- Authorization for Export of Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste Management Authorization
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Authorization for Import of Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Waste Processors Authorisation
- EPR Post Compliance – Plastic Waste
- EPR Authorization for PWM
- Plastic Waste Management
- Plastic Waste Recycling Plant & PWM
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
- ESG Strategies
- Environmental Advisory
- TSDF Facility Services
- Authorized Vehicle Scrapping Facility (AVSF)
- iCAT Certification
- Environmental Licensing
- Registration for Scrap Battery Import
- Lithium-Ion Battery Import License
- New Lead Acid Battery Import License
- Battery Waste Management
- E-waste License for Dismantling
- CGWA-Water Boring
- License for charging station in UP
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from SPCB
- Phase II Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Pollution NOC
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
- APEDA Registration
- Trade License
- RERA Registration
- Professional Tax Registration
- DOT OSP License
- FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- AD Code Registration
- MSME Registration
- FCRA Registration
- Right to Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Language Translation
- ISO Certification
Plastic waste management
HAZARDOUS waste management
Transfer of Shares
Transfer of shares refers to the process of transferring ownership of shares from one shareholder to another. When a shareholder transfers their shares, they are essentially selling their ownership in the company to another individual or entity.The transfer of shares typically involves a legal process that includes documentation such as stock transfer forms, share certificates, and payment of any applicable fees or taxes. The process can occur either voluntarily or involuntarily, such as in the case of a company acquisition or a shareholder passing away.
Expert in Transfer of Shares
Best Compliance Firm For Your Company
Overview of Transfer of Shares
When it comes to private limited companies, one of their key features is the ability to transfer their shares. Unlike public corporations, the shares of a private company can be negotiable based on the company’s reports. However, the transfer of shares in a private limited company may be restricted by its Articles of Association (AOA). Hence, before beginning the share transfer process, it is essential to review the company’s AOA.
- To transfer the ownership of a portion of a private limited company from one shareholder to another, a share transfer agreement is required.
- This agreement will specify the terms of the transfer, including the price of the shares and any conditions that need to be met.
- Overall, the process of transferring shares in a private limited company involves a legal agreement that outlines the details of the transfer and the obligations of both parties involved.
Advantages of Transfer of Shares
|Liquidity||Share transfer enables an individual to transform their stake in a company into cash, which is beneficial for those who need funds quickly or want to diversify their investments|
|Diversification||Transferring shares allows investors to diversify their portfolio, which can help mitigate risks, particularly if a large portion of their wealth is invested in one company|
|Estate Planning||By transferring shares, an individual can efficiently transfer wealth to future generations or a charitable organization|
|Tax Benefits||Depending on the specific circumstances of the transfer, there may be tax benefits for both the seller and buyer|
|Corporate Governance||Transferring shares can improve corporate governance by bringing in new shareholders with different perspectives and expertise, which can help the company grow and achieve its goals|
To transfer shares of a private limited company, the following steps must be taken:
Step 1: Obtain the transfer deed form from the company’s records or the registrar of companies.
Step 2: Fill out the transfer deed form with the necessary information, including the name and address of the transferor and transferee.
Step 3: Have the transfer deed form signed by both parties.
Step 4: Obtain necessary approvals and signatures from the company’s directors and shareholders, as required by the company’s articles of association.
Step 5: Submit the completed transfer deed form to the registrar of companies for stamping and registration.
Step 6: The registrar of companies will review the form and, if satisfied, will stamp and register the transfer of shares.
Step 7: Update the company’s records to reflect the transfer of shares.
Step 8: Issue a new share certificate in the name of the transferee.
1. Notice by the transferor to the company
2. Board resolution for examining the notice by the transferor to the company
3. Offer letter presented by the company to the current shareholder
4. Objection letter from the present shareholders
5. Share transfer agreement in SH-4 form along with stamp duty returned
6. Share certificates
7. Board decision for filing the transfer of shares
FAQ's Transfer of Shares :-
The payment made between the Buyer and Seller to complete the transfer of securities is the consideration.
Only after the business has registered those shares does the transfer become final. Within one month of receiving the firm’s necessary transfer-related instrument, the company must deliver the share certificate. The appropriate name of the transferee should be endorsed on the transfer instrument.
The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) ruled that income tax is due when shares are transferred without consideration or for less than fair market value.
It is unlawful for a company to cancel a stamp. Even if the instrument was properly stamped, if a corporation accidentally transfers shares once, it cannot thereafter file for rectification of members.
Why People Choose Our Services ?
Free Legal Advice
We provide free of cost consultation and legal advice to our clients.
Tech Driven Platform
All our services are online no need you to travel from your place to get our services.
We are a team of more than 15+ professionals with 11 years of experience.
There are no hidden & extra charges* other than the quote/invoice we provide.
100 % Client Satisfaction
We aim that all our customers are fully satisfied with our services.
We value your time and we promise all our services are delivered on time.
Why Trust legal Suvidha?
People Who loved our services and what they feel.
In this Journey of the past 10+ years, we had gained the trust of many startups, businesses, and professionals in India and stand with a 4.9/5 rating in google reviews.
Reno K Subramaniam
I have recently registered a Private Limited firm and was looking for a CA to take care of the filings, Startup India Certificate, and other formalities. I have received emails from legal Suvidha and a few others. I tried talking to them all. But, Mr. Mayank from Legal Suvidha was very impressive and was patient enough, prompt to answer all the queries. He has a very professional team and after the initial formalities, I started interacting with the team. It's not even 2 weeks but I really feel overwhelmed by their service and professionalism. I received my startup India certificate yesterday and my filings have been done promptly. The team at legal suvidha Ms. Nidhi, Ms. Priyanka, Ms. Koshika, and Ms. Saloni all show the same professionalism and are readily available to take care of the official filings and stuff. Overall a great experience till now and looking forward to a great journey!
Legal suvidha is a team of genuine and experienced professionals who give you best services according to your profile
Saloni from legalsuvidha has done a excellent job for filling and geting certificate of DPIIT. Thanks to legalsuvidha.
Team Legal Suvidha offers a brilliant service. There communication is quite clear and they execute the job meticulously. We are a startup private limited company and their advice is so critical in making my decision. Well done team. Keep it up. Prakaash Hari, Director, ipixela.
Dedicated team and fast response
Dr. Vishal Ghag
Been using their services since 3 years now and I am absolutely happy with Legal Suvidha. They have been supportive, understanding and highly skilled at helping me with my business needs.
Stay Updated With Our Blogs!
Explore more of our blogs to have better clarity and understanding
of the latest corporate & business updates.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter .
Sign up to receive email updates on new product announcements, special promotions, sales & more.