- Start a Business
- Private Limited Company Registration
- One Person Company Registration
- LLP Registration
- Section 8 Company Registration
- 80G and 12A Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- Sole Proprietorship Registration
- Startup India Registration
- Nidhi Company Registration
- Producer Company Registration
- Public Limited Company Registration
- Pitch Deck
- US Incorporation
- Business Plan Preparation
- Manage a Business
- Transfer of Shares
- POSH Compliance
- Increasing Capital
- Payroll Maintenance
- Due Diligence
- Corporate Filings
- DSC & IEC
- Change Services
- Closure of Company
- MCA Filings
- Accounting & Taxation
- Income Tax
- Licenses & IPR
- Legal Services
- Legal Notice
- Founders Agreement
- Shareholders Agreement
- Finance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Gift Deed
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Freelancer Agreement
- Sale Deed
- Make a will
- Service Level Agreement
- Power of Attorney
- Consultancy Agreement
- Franchise Agreement
- Term Sheet
- Non Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Relinquishment Deed
- Vendor Agreement
- Master Service Agreement
- Professional Tax Registration
- Labour Law
- Cyber Crime
- Rental Agreement
- Rent and Lease Agreement
- Cheque Bounce
- Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
- Court Marriage Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act
- Online Presence
- EPR Registration
- PRO Authorization
- Plastic Waste Authorization
- Refurbisher Authorization and License
- E-Waste Recycling Authorization
- E-WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Hydrogeological survey report
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Environmental Clearance
- Environmental Auditing
- State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) – NOC
- Bio Medical Waste Recycling Plant
- Authorization for Export of Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste Management Authorization
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Authorization for Import of Hazardous Waste
- Plastic Waste Processors Authorisation
- EPR Post Compliance – Plastic Waste
- EPR Authorization for PWM
- Plastic Waste Management
- Plastic Waste Recycling Plant & PWM
- Construction and Demolition Recycling
- ESG Strategies
- Environmental Advisory
- TSDF Facility Services
- Authorized Vehicle Scrapping Facility (AVSF)
- iCAT Certification
- Environmental Licensing
- Registration for Scrap Battery Import
- Lithium-Ion Battery Import License
- New Lead Acid Battery Import License
- Battery Waste Management
- E-waste License for Dismantling
- CGWA-Water Boring
- License for charging station in UP
- Consent for Establishment (CFE) from SPCB
- Phase II Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Pollution NOC
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
- APEDA Registration
- Trade License
- RERA Registration
- Professional Tax Registration
- DOT OSP License
- FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- AD Code Registration
- MSME Registration
- FCRA Registration
- Right to Information
- Consumer Complaints
- Language Translation
- ISO Certification
Plastic waste management
HAZARDOUS waste management
Closing a Private Limited Company
Closing a Private Limited company involves legally terminating its existence and ceasing all business operations. This process is also known as winding up of a company. It may happen due to various reasons such as financial difficulties, bankruptcy, disputes between directors, or completion of the project.To close a Private Limited company, the directors must pass a resolution for winding up and appoint a liquidator who will oversee the process of liquidating the company’s assets and paying off its liabilities.
Expert in Closing a Private Limited Company
Best Compliance Firm For Your Company
Overview of Closing a Private Limited Company
A company is a legal entity and a juristic person established created under the Companies Act. Therefore, a company required regular maintenance of Compliance throughout its The non-compliance of a Company leads to heavy fines and penalties and if the company is incurring heavy losses or not operating properly, then it is better to wind up the company and look for a new beginning.
Therefore, if a private limited company has become inactive and there are no transactions in the company, then it is best to wind up the Company. Generally, a company can be wind up voluntary or compulsorily. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has introduced Fast Track Exit Mode – an easier way to close inactive companies at a cheaper cost with lesser formalities. A defunct company which has not carried out any business activity or operations for last one year or since incorporation and having NIL assets & liability can apply for striking-off of name under the Fast Track Exit Mode.
So, the key requirements for closure of private limited company are as follows:
• Ordinary resolution in the board of directors meeting.
• No business activity from the date of resolution.
• Declaration by members that there is no debt pending.
• Age of Company is more than 1 year from the date of its incorporation.
Advantages of Closing a Private Limited Company
- Legal Protection: Closing a Private Limited company provides legal protection to the directors from any future liabilities or legal disputes that may arise from the company’s operations.
- No Further Obligations: Once a Private Limited company is closed, the directors and shareholders are no longer obligated to conduct any business operations or fulfill any legal obligations.
- Avoidance of Tax Penalties: By closing a Private Limited company, the directors can avoid any potential tax penalties for failure to comply with tax regulations or filing tax returns.
- Peace of Mind: Closing a Private Limited company can provide peace of mind to the directors and shareholders, knowing that the company’s affairs have been settled and they can move on to other endeavors.
- Releasing Assets: Closing a Private Limited company allows the liquidation of assets, which can then be used to pay off creditors or distributed among shareholders.
- Saving Costs: By closing a Private Limited company, the directors can save costs associated with running the business, such as salaries, rent, and utilities.
Step 1: Company Review: A Legal Suvidha Business Expert will review the activities of the Company and will request you to provide the necessary information and documents.
Step 2: Document Preparation: The necessary documents are prepared by an Expert for the winding up of the company.
Step 3: Document Submission: Once the documents and procedures are done, the documents and the latest Financial statements are then filed with the MCA.
1. Application for Striking off of the Company.
2. Board Resolution for closure.
3. Consent of Directors.
4. Director’s Affidavit.
5. Indemnity Bond.
6. Statement of Assets and Liabilities.
FAQ's Closing a Private Limited Company :-
When the existence of the Company as a legal entity comes to an end it is known as the Closure of the Company.
• Closure of the company is done voluntarily and is done through the fast track exit scheme. • Winding up of the company may be voluntary or by the order of the Court by appointing an official liquidator to monitor the process of winding up. • Dissolution is initiated by the Court for ending the legal existence of the Company.
It is necessary to file Closure with the ROC as ROC or MCA database need to be updated and the Company is free from all its legal compliances as it is officially closed. Even though the business of the company is closed unless closure documents are filed and approved by the ROC, the company is not legally closed and the company needs to file all the regular returns.
FTE is a company closure scheme initiated by MCA for easy and faster closure of the Company.
A resolution of Directors approving the closing of the Company and the same being declared with the condition that there are no pending debts is a key requirement for filing the voluntary closing of the Company.
There are two main criteria:- •The company applying under FTE should not have any assets and liability. •The company should not have commenced any business activity or operation since incorporation or at least one year must have been passed since last business activity or operation.
Why People Choose Our Services ?
Free Legal Advice
We provide free of cost consultation and legal advice to our clients.
Tech Driven Platform
All our services are online no need you to travel from your place to get our services.
We are a team of more than 15+ professionals with 11 years of experience.
There are no hidden & extra charges* other than the quote/invoice we provide.
100 % Client Satisfaction
We aim that all our customers are fully satisfied with our services.
We value your time and we promise all our services are delivered on time.
Why Trust legal Suvidha?
People Who loved our services and what they feel.
In this Journey of the past 10+ years, we had gained the trust of many startups, businesses, and professionals in India and stand with a 4.9/5 rating in google reviews.
Reno K Subramaniam
I have recently registered a Private Limited firm and was looking for a CA to take care of the filings, Startup India Certificate, and other formalities. I have received emails from legal Suvidha and a few others. I tried talking to them all. But, Mr. Mayank from Legal Suvidha was very impressive and was patient enough, prompt to answer all the queries. He has a very professional team and after the initial formalities, I started interacting with the team. It's not even 2 weeks but I really feel overwhelmed by their service and professionalism. I received my startup India certificate yesterday and my filings have been done promptly. The team at legal suvidha Ms. Nidhi, Ms. Priyanka, Ms. Koshika, and Ms. Saloni all show the same professionalism and are readily available to take care of the official filings and stuff. Overall a great experience till now and looking forward to a great journey!
Legal suvidha is a team of genuine and experienced professionals who give you best services according to your profile
Saloni from legalsuvidha has done a excellent job for filling and geting certificate of DPIIT. Thanks to legalsuvidha.
Team Legal Suvidha offers a brilliant service. There communication is quite clear and they execute the job meticulously. We are a startup private limited company and their advice is so critical in making my decision. Well done team. Keep it up. Prakaash Hari, Director, ipixela.
Dedicated team and fast response
Dr. Vishal Ghag
Been using their services since 3 years now and I am absolutely happy with Legal Suvidha. They have been supportive, understanding and highly skilled at helping me with my business needs.
Stay Updated With Our Blogs!
Explore more of our blogs to have better clarity and understanding
of the latest corporate & business updates.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter .
Sign up to receive email updates on new product announcements, special promotions, sales & more.